0.9.2 Memory Leak

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

smitch

Re: 0.9.2 Memory Leak

Post by smitch »

Check to ensure that you have 64-bit compatibility enabled for the encode. This is necessary for any files > 4GB.
Well, there is a notice at the 64 bit setting that that breaks iTunes streaming to AppleTV? I'll still try that and see.
How could it possibly be the same issue if you're using the AppleTV preset, and it's a leak in variable frame rate encoding, which the AppleTV preset doesn't use?
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. Just trying to help since previous posts reported difficulty reproducing this memory leak bug.
Cavalicious

Post by Cavalicious »

smitch wrote:
Check to ensure that you have 64-bit compatibility enabled for the encode. This is necessary for any files > 4GB.

Well, there is a notice at the 64 bit setting that that breaks iTunes streaming to AppleTV? I'll still try that and see.
...Thus the trade off.

This is no longer an issue (for me, anyways) since the 2.0.1 update and the 802.11n 5ghz work-a-round.
smitch

Post by smitch »

It appears that 64bit issue is resolved as the 5.5+ gb m4v (The Fellowship of the Rings disk 1 and 2) encoded normally and streams normally to iTV for me also. So this seems not to be related to this memory leak.

Ron