0.9.2 crash after encode form external drive

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

GMcDowellJr

0.9.2 crash after encode form external drive

Post by GMcDowellJr »

Didn't read the sticky about posting bugs before I started encoding again so no verbose log right now and since HB crashes I can't pull from the Activity Window... but it's the same as the HandBrake-activitylog.txt right? I've had the crash a couple times now so I'll set up HB to reproduce it again and pull the text from the file this afternoon and post it here.

-Version - 0.9.2
-Date of download - Feb 19
-Platform (Mac, Linux, Windows) - Mac
-Settings (video encoder, picture dimensions, etc.) - nightstrm's custom preset from Best Settings thread
-Operating System version - Leopard
-If possible, a crash report - later today
-DVD title - happens regardless of title... Vidoe_TS folders pulled using Mac The Ripper
-What you were doing at the time besides encoding - sleeping! :lol:
-What other applications were running - nothing
-Whether or not the problem is reproducible - so far

Set up multiple movies in the queue. First one from internal DVD drive and several from Video_TS folders on a USB external drive. Encodes the DVD and the first Vidoe_TS folder just fine... crashes somewhere before the next Video_TS folder starts.

These encodes, particularly those from the external take a pretty long time so even getting two at a time while I'm sleeping or working is going to work just fine for me but I thought you'd want to know. Like I said, I'll set up HB to reproduce the crash again and post the contents of the HandBrake-activitylog.txt before I start up again. If you need another file let me know where I can find it and I'll post it instead. And, of course, if you need additional information I'll give what I can.
Cavalicious

Re: 0.9.2 crash after encode form external drive

Post by Cavalicious »

If it works fine for you internal drive, how would this be a HB issue? There are probably 25 different reasons why encoding directly to an external drive is crashing (i.e external going to sleep and not waking up in time). You can provide the Activity Log, but I don't see this being a HB issue.
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: 0.9.2 crash after encode form external drive

Post by TedJ »

I normally rip to then encode from an external drive, and it has never been an issue for me.

BTW, you should find a copy of your last activity log in ~/Library/Application Support/Handbrake.