Missing Live Commentary after Converting to MP4

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

yuuitsuki

Missing Live Commentary after Converting to MP4

Post by yuuitsuki »

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:
I recorded my gameplay with Elgato. I checked the TS file and sure the Live Commentary is recorded. But then, when I convert the TS file to Mp4 with Handbrake, it lost the Commentary part. And that makes me feel weird that it didn't lose all audio (the game audio is there), but just the commentary.
What are the steps to reproduce this problem:
I just keep every setting as default.
What version of HandBrake you are running:
What operating system and version and you running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 10
Where did you download HandBrake from? handbrake.fr or somewhere else?
handbrake.fr
If there was any error, exception or crash report displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Please include the scan or encode log:
https://pastebin.com/UVYNnwy9

Code: Select all

To make the log easier to read, please paste your log here between the code brackets, or use a pastebin website. 
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Missing Live Commentary after Converting to MP4

Post by s55 »

Looks like your source has multiple audio tracks and you only asked HandBrake to encode one of them.
yuuitsuki

Post by yuuitsuki »

How could I tell Handbrake to export both of the audios?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

On the audio page, you can add the additional track(s). You can even select which one of them is first, so that playback software/hardware will favor it.
yuuitsuki

Post by yuuitsuki »

I tried to do what you suggested. But the Live Commentary is still not there... T^T

Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Is the "live commentary" recorded as a separate track? Why you play the original TS, are you selecting ONE track to play, or TWO? Handbrake will not merge multiple audio tracks into one.

In your screen shot, you're only importing 2 tracks out of the 12 in the original file.
yuuitsuki

Post by yuuitsuki »

I just select one track (TS) to play. And the Live Commentary is there.

If the thing I was doing in the screenshot is wrong, where should I select my audios?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Without knowing your playback software, it is difficult to guess what it is doing with the TS, and which tracks it selects to play; It COULD be playing all of them at the same time. It is likely you will have to do more pre-processing, including combining audio tracks, before using handbrake to compress it.

While I am not qualified to analyze the source, there are others here that are. How big is the 3:22 sample?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

It's probably one of the other dozen audio tracks in your source file. You need to pick the same track in HB you're picking in your player.
yuuitsuki

Post by yuuitsuki »

Woodstock wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:32 pm Without knowing your playback software, it is difficult to guess what it is doing with the TS, and which tracks it selects to play; It COULD be playing all of them at the same time. It is likely you will have to do more pre-processing, including combining audio tracks, before using handbrake to compress it.

While I am not qualified to analyze the source, there are others here that are. How big is the 3:22 sample?
Just Windows build in Player... Windows Media Player and the Movie and TV thing. How I play it, is just double click the TS file...
Beside I can't see any recognizable audio file in the folder...
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

A transport stream is one of many "container" formats for video/audio, and the tracks are incorporated into it; there won't be a separate audio "file".

I suggest you try a player like VLC from videolan.org, if only because it can let you select each audio track and see what content is in them.

If the file is not too big, you can upload it and post a link, so that one of the REAL experts here can look for which track contains the commentary. With 12 tracks available, and you've only chosen 1 or 2 in your logs so far, the key is finding out which is the "real" track.