[Invalid] My videos are lot brighter and big quality loss

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Pecker2k

[Invalid] My videos are lot brighter and big quality loss

Post by Pecker2k »

i switched lot of configs to try if it will fix it but nothing happened brighter more static noise dunno am i missing some codec or i ihave xvid divx and k-lite
http://imgur.com/a/ib2RR here is an example
BradleyS

Re: My videos are lot brighter and big quality loss

Post by BradleyS »

It looks like this is the result of converting your videos to TV range (16..235), which HandBrake always does.

It's possible your player is incorrectly displaying the source files. It's also possible your source files are mistagged. Hard to say without seeing the required activity log.
Pecker2k

Post by Pecker2k »

BradleyS wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:49 pm It looks like this is the result of converting your videos to TV range (16..235), which HandBrake always does.

It's possible your player is incorrectly displaying the source files. It's also possible your source files are mistagged. Hard to say without seeing the required activity log.
https://pastebin.com/a9SrXCu6 there you go
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

It would appear your source is full range (0..255) but is not tagged as such. HandBrake converts it to TV range (16..235), producing the correct result.

So, it appears whatever media player you're using is displaying the original incorrectly; the media player assumes the original is already TV range and adjusts the picture to make the blacks blacker and whites whiter, clipping the contrast.
Pecker2k

Post by Pecker2k »

BradleyS wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm It would appear your source is full range (0..255) but is not tagged as such. HandBrake converts it to TV range (16..235), producing the correct result.

So, it appears whatever media player you're using is displaying the original incorrectly; the media player assumes the original is already TV range and adjusts the picture to make the blacks blacker and whites whiter, clipping the contrast.
so how can i fix it
Pecker2k

Post by Pecker2k »

BradleyS wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm It would appear your source is full range (0..255) but is not tagged as such. HandBrake converts it to TV range (16..235), producing the correct result.

okay it appears in every program i put it but the problem is not the color range there appears to be pixelazation i changed the quality to 5 placebo and even 750000 bitrate its still the same with pixelazation