HandBrake for Sierra?

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

wasser

HandBrake for Sierra?

Post by wasser »

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible: I am unable to install version 1.0.7 of HandBrake for Mac.
Although the .dmg install file downloads onto my computer (Mac Mini, Late 2014), nothing happens when I click onto this file
in an attempt to install it on the Mac Sierra OS X.

What are the steps to reproduce this problem: Try installing HandBrake 1.0.7 on Mac Sierra OS X.

What version of HandBrake you are running: Versioin 1.0.7

What operating system and version and you running: OSX 10.12.5

Where did you download HandBrake from? https://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file= ... -1.0.7.dmg

If there was any error, exception or crash report displayed, please copy it and paste it here: No error message

Please include the scan or encode log: Don't know how to do this, especially since the download file doesn't open up.

Code: Select all

To make the log easier to read, please paste your log here between the code brackets, or use a pastebin website. 
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: HandBrake for Sierra?

Post by Woodstock »

wasser

Post by wasser »

No, I didn't follow the instructions noted on the page you mentioned.
This is because the .dmg file does not even work when I try to install it.

I downloaded the .dmg file from the website below, I assume it's a legitmate website for HandBrake.
https://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file= ... -1.0.7.dmg

In earlier Mac operating systems like El Capitan, the HandBrake .dmg file installs when I double left click on the file.
But with this HandBrake .dmg file (version 1.0.7) nothing happens when I try to install the software program.

Even when I right click on this .dmg file and select the "Open" option, nothing opens.
I've downloaded this .dmg file a few times now but the result is always the same: nothing happens when I try to install this program.

Has anyone else had trouble installing version 1.0.7 of HandBrake for Mac on the Sierra OS X from the above noted website?
2socks

Post by 2socks »

I already have 1.0.7 installed on my Mac (10.12.5) but WAS able to download and open the .dmg from the link you provided.

Issue is on your end, I'm afraid. :?
wasser

Post by wasser »

Thanks for the note. I tried downloading HandBrake again and this time it worked.
Not exactly sure what was blocking the download earlier.