Failure to create ac3 passthru

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Hobo88
New User

Failure to create ac3 passthru

Post by Hobo88 »

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

When selecting the preset HQ 1080p30 Surround to convert mkv to MP4 I can see under the audio tab that I have 2 audio tracks (AAC and AC3 Passthru), however once the mkv file is finished converting to MP4 only the aac track is there. This seems to be a random occuranc, as I've done 2 bluray rips this way and it didn't show up in the final file after the conversion, and 1 that it did. Each time I used the same settings (the default). The only thing I changed from the default (on each one) was getting rid of the subtitles.

What are the steps to reproduce this problem:

Try and convert an MKV file (from a bluray rip) to MP4 using the preset HQ 1080p Surround

What version of HandBrake you are running:

1.0.7 64bit

What operating system and version and you running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):

Windows 10

Where did you download HandBrake from? handbrake.fr or somewhere else?

Handbrake website? Can't remember.

If there was any error, exception or crash report displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

No, totally smooth process.

Please include the scan or encode log:

I'm new to this and I don't know what this is.

Code: Select all

To make the log easier to read, please paste your log here between the code brackets, or use a pastebin website. 
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Failure to create ac3 passthru

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

If you specify AC3 pass through and the source isn't AC3, it's not going to "pass through". But we can't tell that without the logs.
jbjoret
Enlightened

Post by jbjoret »

Please check viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33794 we had the same issue last year, then it got fixed and now it has been back on Windows since 1.0.2. I have pasted some logs. Personally I reverted to 1.0.1 looking forward to seing it working again.