DVD With Duplicate Titles

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

squeedle

DVD With Duplicate Titles

Post by squeedle »

I was just ripping my special edition "Romancing The Stone" DVD, and was having problems finding some of the special features in Handbrake. Turns out there are three titles on the disc all called Title 20. MakeMKV identifies them as Title20#1, Title20#2, and Title20#3. I had to use Make MKV to get at them, then compress with Handbrake later. Would be nice if Handbrake could handle this on its own.

I'm using Handbrake Nightly v20160812184837-403453a-master (2015082201) - 64bit Version
Windows 7x64
mduell
Veteran User

Re: DVD With Duplicate Titles

Post by mduell »

HB does not aspire to rip protected/obfuscated/etc disks.
squeedle

Post by squeedle »

Right...
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Those are probably different angles of the same title.
squeedle

Post by squeedle »

Thank you very much for the reply, Rodeo! I just double checked, and it's not an issue of multiple angles. Not as far as I can tell, at least. The three "titles" all have different lengths, and when I pull up this title in Handbrake, it only lists one angle available.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you post your logs please, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18906
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

squeedle wrote:I was just ripping my special edition "Romancing The Stone" DVD, and was having problems finding some of the special features in Handbrake. Turns out there are three titles on the disc all called Title 20. MakeMKV identifies them as Title20#1, Title20#2, and Title20#3. I had to use Make MKV to get at them, then compress with Handbrake later. Would be nice if Handbrake could handle this on its own.
This is a very common thing with DVDs, multiple special feature videos packed into a single title. Using MakeMKV, as you have done, to extract them before feeding them to HandBrake is the best solution I've found.
squeedle

Post by squeedle »

Thanks, I've just been going through my collection one disc at a time, and this was the only instance of same I've seen so far. It definitely throws VLC and Handbrake for a loop.