As noted in the feature request viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33725&p=157760#p157702,
preview seems to start at the beginning of the source (regardless of start time) and ends the specified length thereafter.
This is counter-intuitive; I expect the preview to begin at the start of the selected segment. That is, where the output file will start.
Here are the bug details.
What are the steps to reproduce this problem:
- Normal profile
- Open a DVD source
- Select a title
- Change "Chapters" to "Seconds" (Note this would be better labeled "time", as the time is in hh:mm:ss)
- Select a start point - say 1/2 the length of the title
- Specify an output file name
- Click "Preview", leave default "start at" and "Duration", click Play.
- Observe that the preview starts with second 0, not the selected start point
- Click "Start"
- Observe that the full conversion starts at the selected point
What version of HandBrake you are running:
What operating system and version and you running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 7 Ultimate
If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:
Please include the scan or encode log:
In this example, I opened a DVD with two titles; selected the first (00:58L35 length), selected a "seconds" start time of 00:27:00.
The logs were captured after the Preview step.
Code: Select all
HandBrake 0.10.2.7286 - 64bit Version OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 - 64bit CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz Ram: 8183 MB, GPU Information: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series - 8.970.100.1100 Screen: 1680x1050 Temp Dir: C:\Users\timothe\AppData\Local\Temp\ Install Dir: C:\Program Files\Handbrake Data Dir: C:\Users\timothe\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\HandBrake\0.10.2.7286 ------------------------------------------- No log data available... Log data will show when you start an encode. Open the log file directory to get previous log files.