[Fixed] HB Won't Save My Audio Settings w/ Custom Presets

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mduell
Veteran User

Re: [Fixed] HB Won't Save My Audio Settings w/ Custom Presets

Post by mduell »

What's in the audio tab is never saved in the preset, only the audio defaults are saved are saved.

What's in the audio tab is the outcome of the interaction between the defaults in the preset and the specific source file, plus any manual adjustments. This is not necessarily applicable (either technically or user preference) to the next source, whereas what's in the defaults is applicable to any next source.

In other words what you see in the audio tab is the sausage made, not the recipe, and the recipe is what needs to be saved in the preset because it's the only thing that can be applied to future sources.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

ckronengold wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pmI'm finding that I need to configure the default AND match it in the Audio tab for it to save properly. Seems different than before.
It is different when compared to version 0.9.x and earlier, because they didn't have a page to configure the defaults (basically they looked at the audio tab and tried to guess what defaults would produce the selected audio tab output. The new system takes some getting used to, but it's more explicit and more flexible than before.
ckronengold
Novice

Post by ckronengold »

Rodeo wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 pm The new system takes some getting used to, but it's more explicit and more flexible than before.
Guess so! Glad that I'm not going crazy. Maybe its time for me to go back and see the updates in the documentation.

Thanks!
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

ckronengold wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 pm Maybe its time for me to go back and see the updates in the documentation.
Whatever I tried to align Defaults and Tab values
with version 0.9.x, I never got sticky Audio presets. But now, with the latest 2017 09 15 nightly built in which "Configure Defaults" is replaced by "Selection Behaviour" (and some code underneath...), it perfectly works.