error in wiki documentation on Decomb custom settings

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Statick

error in wiki documentation on Decomb custom settings

Post by Statick »

Hi,I've spotted in error in the wiki docs for Decomb custom settings - the custom settings parameters shown are in fact missing a parameter (mask filter mode). So if you input custom Decomb settings as per the docs, this missing parameter means that all subsequent parameters you put in are in the wrong place, and so those settings go completely out of whack. I've just spent hours trying to tweak the Decomb function by changing the block threshold, and getting nowhere with it - until I spotted the comments in the decomb.c source which explain the settings correctly, and show an additional parameter to be specified before the block threshold.

I realise this isn't technically a "bug" as such, but it prevents correct usage of the Decomb function, as it is the only reference for the custom settings that can be found. I realise that keeping docs updated is less of a priority for development, and so I'll quite happily update the wiki myself to show the correct settings, if someone can give me a login for that (another reason I posted this here rather than the general forum). I can also tidy it up a bit more and remove some outdated info (e.g. the suggested settings shown to emulate AviSynth defaults are missing 4 parameters, and it's impossible to tell which ones, so this should just be removed IMO)

Anyway, as it stands the current docs make it impossible to correctly tweak the Decomb function as they are, so thought I'd best give a heads-up on that.