Preset Resetting with DVD Title Selection

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

randomreuben
Veteran User

Preset Resetting with DVD Title Selection

Post by randomreuben »

This is on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit with a recent nightly (about four days old).

If you have a DVD that has multiple titles, and you select one title and then a custom preset and then select another title in that same DVD from the title dropdown list, e.g. title 1 to title 3, the selected custom preset then reverts back to the top preset in the preset selection list which by default is the "Normal" preset.

I would like the last selected preset to remain the default preset for that HandBrake session despite title changes.

Now before the obligatory "No Log/No Service" comments start, I don't know how to provide a scan log that would explain this bug any better.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Preset Resetting with DVD Title Selection

Post by JohnAStebbins »

You need to select the preset you want first, then scan. The currently selected preset is applied to all titles when scan finishes. Whenever you change titles it is just populating the UI with the settings that currently exist for that title. The settings for each title persist as you change titles and make settings changes. This way, you can go through each title to make adjustments, then batch add all titles to the queue when you have all settings as you want them.

If you have made a mistake and did not have the desired preset selected before scanning, there is a button "Reset All Titles" that will re-initialize all titles to the currently selected preset.
randomreuben
Veteran User

Re: Preset Resetting with DVD Title Selection

Post by randomreuben »

Perfect! I can select the preset I want beforehand. It works exactly as you described. Thanks!