Audio settings get reset with each new file

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

david3

Audio settings get reset with each new file

Post by david3 »

Going from HandBrake-svn6027_i686-Win_GUI to HandBrake-svn6103_i686-Win_GUI I notice whenever I load a new file, the audio settings get reset back to the default, instead of what they were set to before.

With all previous versions, when a new file is loaded, the audio settings that were set previously are retained. Not sure if the new behavior is supposed to be a feature or not, but it seems like a bug.

For example, I set a single audio track for AAC and AAC Passthru. After loading a new file, the audio settings are back to 2 tracks, 1) AAC and AAC (avcodec) 2) AAC and AC3 Passthru.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Audio settings get reset with each new file

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Are you setting these settings in the "audio defaults"? There is a new page in the ui selectable with the little icon in the upper right corner of the audio tab. On this page are the defaults that will be used whenever you load a new title.
david3

Re: Audio settings get reset with each new file

Post by david3 »

No, it's just whatever the default is before changing any settings. Though I just tried to see if adjusting the audio defaults would make any difference, and it doesn't seem to.