ipod incompatible files

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

divinevelocity

ipod incompatible files

Post by divinevelocity »

gang,

i ripped arrested development season 3. every file identical. and the first 3 won't copy to my ipod. any ideas how to track down what i did wrong?

thanks,
dv
baggss

Post by baggss »

Follow the TV shows tutorial listed in my signature.
divinevelocity

Post by divinevelocity »

actually, i did. (been ripping long and slow with handbrake before mediafork - know all the settings inside and out - love the new changes, by the way).

is there any way to double check (the actual files) so i know i'm not smoking dope?
baggss

Post by baggss »

When you say "every File Identical" do you mean you ripped, say, episodes 1, 2 and 3 and yet they were all the same episode? IF so, then the easy way to check is to look at the Video displayed in the "Settings" window when you change the video size. If you keep showing the same video each time you select a different episode, then something really weird is going with your DVD drive.
divinevelocity

Post by divinevelocity »

no, no. my bad. all different episodes. eps 1-4 wouldn't load onto the ipod. 5-13 would.

no, i used identical settings. at least to the best of my knowledge. i opened them up in quicktime to check out the settings (getting info) and they were identical setting wise to the ones that did work.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Ok, that makes sense. I've run across this occasionally. My solution has been to just let iTunes "Convert" them for the iPod from the files I ripped with HB/MF. There have been a few I have ripped multiple times and I KNOW the settings were right and they just wouldn't work.