iTunes Compatibility

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

smkralik

iTunes Compatibility

Post by smkralik »

Normally, Handbrake is iTunes compatible. Now possibly it's iTunes that's screwed up (it wouldn't surprise me, I swear they have idiots in charge over at Apple's software development), but movies outputted from Handbrake won't play in iTunes. They'll play in QuickTimes, but not iTunes. I've had a little luck, I was able to output them with two audio tracks (AC3 Passthru and AAC Mono/Stereo) + closed caption subtitles that would play ONCE in iTunes, but failed to play after. Instead they show up as a frozen frame, and no amount of clicking the play button helps. It's [Censored] me the heck off, so who has experience with this matter? I need help, I really need to get this done.
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: iTunes Compatibility

Post by TedJ »

Please read the following thread. You've given us very little to work with.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18906
jojoc123

Post by jojoc123 »

i am having the exact same problem, is anyone else having this problem, i know for sure its an issue with iTunes, not handbrake, but i could not find any useful information out there other that every website saying to use handbrake to convert videos to mp4, which is what i originally did, the latest iTunes 1.10 or later will not import any of my new mp4's using the universal format i have always been using, however i know its definitely a change in itunes because just to test it out i removed an older movie i created with handbrake from iTunes and tried to import again to no avail, itunes will no longer accept my mp4 files, IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE??
randomreuben
Veteran User

Post by randomreuben »

Hey guys, your issues are probably real, but you'll get no help without reading the link TedJ posted and then providing the required information.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Has anyone bothered to check the "Home Movies" section in iTunes?
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

smkralik wrote:I've had a little luck, I was able to output them with two audio tracks (AC3 Passthru and AAC Mono/Stereo) + closed caption subtitles that would play ONCE in iTunes, but failed to play after. Instead they show up as a frozen frame, and no amount of clicking the play button helps.
Doesn't sound like finding the movie is the issue here.
jojoc123

Post by jojoc123 »

randomreuben wrote:Hey guys, your issues are probably real, but you'll get no help without reading the link TedJ posted and then providing the required information.

of course i checked there, iTunes is not adding the files to the library at all