Audio chopping up

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

CorpusCollosum

Re: Chopping sound here too with MPEG sound track DVD

Post by CorpusCollosum »

awk wrote:
pmoc wrote:I'm using the latest SVN of HB and I encounter the same problem as described before with mpeg sound DVD.

Hope this helps. Philippe.
http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/ticket/51

Is probably the 'best' ticket for this (though the title could probably do with updating). I'm looking into the problem - I don't have an ETA for a fix however.
Hi guys. Great job with this new Beta!

I have a bunch of DVDs that are bumping into this same problem. I am in Asia at the moment and many of the local DVDs are encoded with mpeg sound - the tracks come up "English MPEG" and always produce results like a record skipping when ripped with the new 0.8.5b1 Handbrake.

There is one other bug that I would like to bring your attention to that is also related to DVDs that I have encountered here. There is a tendency over here to encode as much as 16 hours of video (sometimes more) onto a single DVD. When they do this, they reduce the resolution to about 352x288, or some variation depending on aspect ratio. These all encode fine in Handbrake, but the UI on the preview screen gets pretty badly screwed up when trying to show the lower resolution preview. With resolution and aspect ratio switching from one title to the next sometimes on the same disks, there also is a tendency for individual titles to end up encoded with the wrong settings if you don't go manually tweak them in the preview - but since the preview UI is all messed up from the lower resolutions, this becomes a tab-space guessing game of blindy using the UI from the keyboard. It would sure help to have Handbrake try to make educated guesses about these settings rather than blindly applying the settings from the last title it saw, it would be great to be able to rip an entire disk with multiple titles in a variety of resolutions and aspect ratios and have it come out right - but this is probably asking quite a lot. Frankly, I would just be happy if the audio stopped skipping :D

Thanks, and keep up the good work! Excellent stuff!
alexb

Choppy audio

Post by alexb »

Occurred for me too, attempting to rip from a DVD created using Toast Titanium 8 to iPod H.264 + AAC. MacBook Pro Core2Duo, 10.4.0, QT 7.1.5
bonespur

Post by bonespur »

Hi

Have you solved the problem yet???
I'm getting chopped audio after encoding with HandBrake (i.e. not MediaFork) - and I need the solution.

I'm inputting video into HandBrake from DVDs that (yes) were made using a home DVD recorder with VHS tapes as source.
See my post at: http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopi ... ht=chopped
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »