Queue edit problems

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

dmitche3

Queue edit problems

Post by dmitche3 »

I'll apologize in advance if this has been mentioned but I couldn't find these bugs listed.

From the Windows Queue list, if I edit an task when the information is updated in the main window it is wrong. For example, I'm trying to select chapters 1-3 out of 13 chapters but the information is reset, along with the output file name. Other information that I selected is lost at times, such as sound. If I don't review the audio after editing I have a 50-50 chance of not having any on the output.

Thanks.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: Queue edit problems

Post by Smithcraft »

What OS do you use?

What version are you using?

SC
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

Windows 7.
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

A correction to my post. The file name doesn't change until I change the chapters back to the correct ones. At that time the name of the output file is changed.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Which version of Handbrake are you using?

SC
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

Sorry. I'm usually more 'with it' when writing tickets.
I'm using the latest release I believe, version 0.9.8. 20012071700.

Even though I've down loaded the code and compiled the GUI in response to the problem, I'm not sure that I want to spend the time learning it. As a former developer I'd like to lend a hand with the project but as the nature of video is pretty foreign to me. And as I do NOT do IRC chat I guess lending a hand is pretty much out of the question then. :)

Thanks, and perhaps I'll dig around with the code more today.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Try a nightly build. I wouldn't bother looking at 0.9.8 code as the entire gui was basically rewritten. Queue edit hasn't been tested much yet so there is a good chance your just going to replace one problem with another. Either way, if your someone that uses it, it's useful if you can just report what you see and I can fix as and when I find free time.
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

I'll take a look at the current code before trying a nightly build. Looking at the code I found this entry. I'm quite familiar with "TODO"s as I liter my code with them quite often. :)

Thanks.
// Reset
this.currentlySelectedPreset = null;
x264Panel.Reset2Defaults();

// Scan
queueEdit = job; // Nasty but will do for now. TODO
StartScan(job.Source, job.Title);
}

Editted: I'll look at nightly builds but it appears to me that the way this is coded is that the program will act as if the file to be converted was just selected. That would explain the loss of selected chapters and such. The code doesn't appear to take the queueTask (encodeTask) and reset the settings from that object.

private void StartScan(string filename, int title)
{
// Setup the GUI components for the scan.
sourcePath = filename;

this.DisableGUI();

// Start the Scan
try
{
SourceScan.Scan(sourcePath, title, this.userSettingService.GetUserSetting<int>(ASUserSettingConstants.PreviewScanCount));
}
catch (Exception exc)
{
MessageBox.Show("frmMain.cs - StartScan " + exc, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
}
}
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Yeh, It does a rescan. Wouldn't stop me re selecting the controls if it were implemented properly :P It was just hacked in quickly in the old UI.

I have a better implementation in mind for the new WPF based UI, but it's still on the drawing board. The implementation in place isn't heavily tested yet. It may or may not do the job. I forget what I did. Might have a gander at the weekend. Probably something I will have to tidy up for the next release whenever that may be.