Cannot change aspect ratio

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

hawkman
Veteran User

Cannot change aspect ratio

Post by hawkman »

Hi,

Beta 1 user, OS 10.4 with all updates installed, MacBook Core Duo 1.87

I am unable to change the aspect ratio of a movie. MediaFork produces output in the same aspect ratio as the source, with the height calculated from the width I set. All encoding settings I've tried. The only way to get a different aspect ratio is by enabling anamorphic output, which of course sets the movie dimensions automatically.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Cannot change aspect ratio

Post by jbrjake »

hawkman wrote:MediaFork produces output in the same aspect ratio as the source, with the height calculated from the width I set. All encoding settings I've tried. The only way to get a different aspect ratio is by enabling anamorphic output, which of course sets the movie dimensions automatically.
I just checked in a fix for this, so it will work for the next beta.
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

Tried it and it works.

Legend. Thanks.
Firestarter

I'm having the same problem

Post by Firestarter »

MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHZ, also IMac Intel Core Duo 2GHZ both running Mac OSX version 10.4.8 wih all of the updates. Un able to custom change aspect ratio to hold on 544-400 or 640-480 it will revert back to height ratio automated for given width. I see the other person replied it worked , did you send him something if so could you do the same for me?
Thank you------Firestarter
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: I'm having the same problem

Post by jbrjake »

Firestarter wrote:I see the other person replied it worked , did you send him something if so could you do the same for me?
I didn't send him anything; he must have checked out the source and compiled himself.

We don't provide binaries of our latest svn code (at least not as of yet). If you're not comfortable building the code yourself, just wait for the next beta release. And if you don't know how to already, it's probably not worth the effort, as you'd have to register as a developer with Apple and download the latest XCode package, not to mention install svn.
hawkman
Veteran User

Re: I'm having the same problem

Post by hawkman »

jbrjake wrote:I didn't send him anything; he must have checked out the source and compiled himself.
Sorry for the confusion - yeah, it was an svn checkout, because I'm impatient :)