[Fixed] Preference pannel (When Done options missing!)

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

kfreeb
Novice

[Fixed] Preference pannel (When Done options missing!)

Post by kfreeb »

I noticed that in the latest build "3760", in the preferences pane, under the heading "When Done" the button for selecting shut down has been removed. Was the deliberate or a mistake? I use this setting quite often to tell hand brake to shutdown after the encodes are finished.
Deleted User 11865

Re: Preference pannel (When Done options missing!)

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Yes, Shut Down was removed as an option in the mind-controlled interface for hamburger-based computers ;-)
jbjoret
Enlightened

Post by jbjoret »

Any chances that we can get this back ? It has been removed in 3758, but I am not sure to understand the purpose of removing such an important feature. The Windows/Linux versions still hev this though. I have been using this very often, currently my workaround is to set this with a script into the plist configuration file, but I really would like to see this back into the development stream.
Deleted User 11865

*** READ ME before posting bugs *** wrote:
Please provide as much information as possible beyond the bug itself:
-Version
-Date of download
-Location of Download (HandBrake Site / 3rd party / Linux package repository - define which)
-Platform (Mac, Linux, Windows)
-Settings (video encoder, picture dimensions, etc.)
-Operating System version
-If possible, a crash report
-DVD title
-What you were doing at the time besides encoding
-What other applications were running
-Whether or not the problem is reproducible (happens every time with the same settings/movie)
At least you indicated that the "Windows/Linux versions still have it", which does tend to indicate it's a MacGUI issue; but it would have been much simpler to actually indicate it specifically.

Anyway, this is obviously a bug. Thanks for finding out which revision introduced it. I can't believe I didn't notice this before :oops:
kfreeb
Novice

Post by kfreeb »

I was just looking at some of my old posts, and came across this one about the preference for shutting down handbrake, when it finishes encoding. I noticed that "jbjoret" mentioned that the Mac build is the only one missing this feature.

It looks like "jbjoret" post was back in Feb, and wondered if this option will ever make it back?

Be nice if it did!
Deleted User 11865

kfreeb wrote:I was just looking at some of my old posts, and came across this one about the preference for shutting down handbrake, when it finishes encoding. I noticed that "jbjoret" mentioned that the Mac build is the only one missing this feature.

It looks like "jbjoret" post was back in Feb, and wondered if this option will ever make it back?
Well, it's still a bug (not a removed feature). And no, it still hasn't been fixed, unfortunately.
Deleted User 11865

This should finally be fixed: https://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/4168

This will be in the next nightly build. It may take a while as the server which normally builds nightlies is currently offline.