[Pending Input] Cannot add picture to video after upgrading.

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

namtrig

[Pending Input] Cannot add picture to video after upgrading.

Post by namtrig »

After ungrading to the latest version, I can no longer add pictures to ripped videos in itunes. To validate, I uninstalled latest version and reinstalled the prev. The picture functionality worked after re-ripping. I tried both versions of the apple tv setting and neither allowed adding pics in the new version.

Running win7 64bit on intel i7 860 proc.
rogue23
Enlightened

Re: Cannot add picture to video after upgrading.

Post by rogue23 »

namtrig wrote:After ungrading to the latest version, I can no longer add pictures to ripped videos in itunes. To validate, I uninstalled latest version and reinstalled the prev. The picture functionality worked after re-ripping. I tried both versions of the apple tv setting and neither allowed adding pics in the new version.

Running win7 64bit on intel i7 860 proc.
The latest version of iTunes or HandBrake? Do you have a log of one of the videos you encoded with HandBrake? Sounds to me like an iTunes problem.
namtrig

Post by namtrig »

Working with Handbrake 0.9.4 using the apple TV setting, I was able to rip a video, add it to itunes (version 10.1.1.4) and then add the art work. I upgraded to HandBrake 0.9.5 and ripped a DVD, added it to iTunes and was UNABLE to add artwork. I tried a few more DVD's and even tired the Apple vs. new Apple 2 setting. All of the generated files were unable to add artwork once in iTunes. Thinking this must be a new bug in HandBrake 0.9.5, I uninstalled it and reinstalled HandBrake 0.9.4. I again tried to rip the video which had failed before. This time (using the older version of handbrake), I was able to add artwork in iTunes. There seems to be something which has changed between 0.9.4 and 0.9.5 which does not work with iTunes when trying to add artwork to the video file.

I do not have log file as I have already installed the newer version.
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

Has anyone figured out an answer for this? This seems like the problem I am having but I did not think it was Handbrakes fault.

Here is the thread I started on this issue: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20309#p93688

If I can find (or still have) 0.9.4, I will do some testing to see if I can confirm that this issue is related to the update from 0.9.4 to 0.9.5.

John
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Without a log, one can't try to reproduce this. (Logs are written to disc and kept. See loggin pages: https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/HandBrakeGuide)

Using the built-in presets, this isn't reproducible.