Artwork issue in iTunes 7.1.1

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

patsfan83

Artwork issue in iTunes 7.1.1

Post by patsfan83 »

Has anyone had problems changing m4v artwork in itunes? I ripped a dvd (Aspen extreme, 2 ch audio, not anamorphic) using the new version of handbrake and appletv preset (2 pass) and was able to add new artwork no problem. I then did another one (Last Samurai & The Great Raid, 6 ch audio, anamorphic PAR) and am unable to change the artwork. I can delete the old one in the Get Info settings, add a new one, and then when I click ok, the artwork (in cover flow) flashes with the default unknown artwork image and then returns to the first frame of video. I've tried different versions of the artwork and it still doesn't work. I am able to change the artwork on other files.

Not sure if this is a bug with itunes or a bug with handbrake? I was able to rip Bobby and change the artwork, but the only difference between that and the others was that I only did 2 channels, not 6 ch discrete. Would ripping in 6ch have any affect on how itunes tags artwork?

I'm going to try it again tonight with 2 ch. and let you know what happens. If anyone has any work arounds/ideas, please let me know. Thanks.
patsfan83

Post by patsfan83 »

OK, I've answered my own question. I ripped the first chapter from the great raid using apple-tv setting (single pass), one with 6 ch discrete, the other with Dolby pro logic II surround. I was able to change the artwork to the pro logic one, but had the same problems with the 6 ch discrete audio file...

Is this an easy fix?

Thanks for everything, love the anamorphic setting! Keep up the good work.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Do a search, there are several threads about this.
The upshot of it is, its an iTunes bug. Not HB. So if you use six channel discreet aac, you cannot apply cover art.
saintdev
Enlightened

Post by saintdev »

dynaflash wrote:So if you use six channel discreet aac, you cannot apply cover art.
Or any metadata for that matter.
Padriac

Post by Padriac »

I DO get the problem with Dolby Prologic II. Every time. Is this also iTunes fault. I'm using the Apple TV preset but with slightly adjusted audio and video bitrates.
Padriac

Post by Padriac »

And yes, of course I tried deleting the default art first, but it is undeletable.
Diranged

Post by Diranged »

I'm also running into this problem with the AppleTV preset, CRF set to 74% and the 5.1 AC3 Audio -> DPL II settings. About 1 in 5 movies will not let me set album art -- they do exactly as the original poster said. I can set the art, and when I hit OK or Next, Cover Flow flashes and then goes back to the original picture...
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

hmmm. weird, I use the appleTV preset all of the time, and have never not been able to change the artwork. Very strange.
loyalty_anchored
Bright Spark User

Post by loyalty_anchored »

Diranged wrote:I'm also running into this problem with the AppleTV preset, CRF set to 74% and the 5.1 AC3 Audio -> DPL II settings. About 1 in 5 movies will not let me set album art -- they do exactly as the original poster said. I can set the art, and when I hit OK or Next, Cover Flow flashes and then goes back to the original picture...
i ran into this also... here is the solution, you need to remove the movie from your itunes library first. add it again, then try :-)
Diranged

Post by Diranged »

that hasn't fixed it for me ... same symptom after removing and re-inserting the file.
deckeda
Enlightened

Post by deckeda »

Here's what works for me.

1) Import video
2) Do a Get Info
3) Select default artwork and delete (leave Get Info window open)
4) Paste in new artwork; click OK

If you skip step 3, tell iTunes to trash the video and go back to step 1.
Diranged

Post by Diranged »

If you read the original post, thats the proceedure we're following. Like I mentioned before, this problem only happens on about 20% of the videos I rip. The other ones work just perfect....