not working

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
staypuff54

not working

Post by staypuff54 »

Hi, I'm new to handbrake.
I'm attempting to convert a DVD, and everything seems correct. when i click "encode video" a prompt comes up saying that "Handbrake will now start and should be encoding your video" when i click ok, nothing happens. what am I doing wrong?
tannebil

Post by tannebil »

I'll assume you have already read the FAQ so it's not anything obvious.

I have the same problem with Batman Begins but have encoded eight or nine others without a problem. I assume it is caused by one of the many tricks that publishers use to prevent people from doing exactly what you are trying to do. I ripped it to disk using DVD Fab but when I play it from disk, the quality is complete crap so I suspect that's why Handbrake dies a horrible death. I'm going to try a different ripper and see how that goes.

Are you using DVD43 or AnyDVD? I hear that AnyDVD can handle more of the tricks.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I'd put money down on neither.

FAQ is on the Docs Page of the website. Theres a guide there to.
Read them
tannebil

Post by tannebil »

I re-ripped Batman Begins using DVD Shrink 3.2 + DVD43 with no compression. Handbrake handled this one fine.

However, it did crash on another one that was most likely done with DVD Decrypter some time back. I'm trying it again with the new version of hbcli that you posted. If it fails again, I'll re-rip and give it another try.