HandBrake status violation

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jigglywiggly

HandBrake status violation

Post by jigglywiggly »

So I ripped some of my dvds to my computer using .m4v and it's all dandy. Then i want to convert those files for my iphone so I select all the settings for the iphone, however I stream these videos from my server to my iphone (For private use only 256 bit AES https secured, reason is because I have a lot of videos and they won't fit on an iphone) so I need very specific file formats. FFmpeg being the major one. So Anyway I convert the videos then I get bam

Code: Select all

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=007D0794
eax=01FD5100 ebx=00000008 ecx=00000009 edx=007D1080 esi=01FD5100 edi=FFFFFFFE
ebp=01FE1B60 esp=1C97C77C program=C:\Program Files (x86)\HandBrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe, pid 3852, thread unknown (0xA90)
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
01FE1B60  007D0794  (01E10061, 013100B1, 01B10031, 015900F1)
   8477 [unknown (0xA90)] HandBrakeCLI 3852 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   9661 [unknown (0xA90)] HandBrakeCLI 3852 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

I heard there has been a svn release that maybe fixes this? But it seems like a lot of work just to get the svn then to compile it. Can someone please help me?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: HandBrake status violation

Post by s55 »

I heard there has been a svn release that maybe fixes this? But it seems like a lot of work just to get the svn then to compile it. Can someone please help me?
Yes, The source code in the svn has this issue solved. There is no binary release though. You'll just have to wait until one is made public (No eta for this) if you don't want to compile yourself.
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

I just tried to compile it with Visual C# 2008, and I got this

Error	1	Unable to create a manifest resource name for "frmMainBasic.resx". Could not find file 'C:\Users\JigglyWiggly\Desktop\win\C#\frmMainBasic.cs'.	HandBrakeCS
[code]

On my server 2003 x64 pc, I got more errors and that included. Is this common..?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You can delete frmMainBasic from the Solution explorer (file list) and it'll compile

You are compiling a new CLI right? not just the GUI.
see:http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CompileOnWindows

The whole process for a first time compiler will take around 4 hours (probably close to 8 on older slower machines) on a reasonably speed machine.
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

I'm on a qx6700 @ 3.7 ghz, 3x320 in raid 0 and 6 gigs of ram. I don't think it will take that long, I was looking at a tutorial for compiling the GUI, I don't care much for the cmi as I mean it's not like I'm on linux right now :P Ill look at that link, thanks for your help btw :D
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

Oh wait I was already looking at that link, silly me. If I delete that file will I be creating the cmi or gui? I'm a bit confused :oops:
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Visual Studio builds the GUI
Cygwin builds the CLI

that file was something left in by mistake, it shouldn't be there.

The windows gui wraps around the CLI, if you don't compile the CLI, you won't get the fix.
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

One more problem, there is no frmMainBasic.resx, or .cs in the folder...?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

One more problem, there is no frmMainBasic.resx, or .cs in the folder...?
There is not meant to be. Just remove the reference from visual studio and the gui will compile
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

So I double clicked it and then it launched in visual c# I hit build and I'm not sure what that did. (I've never used visual c# then I just did Publish HandBrakeCS and I just told it to save to my desktop, and well it made a few files except when I double click them they just crash. So I just hit the debug button, and well the program starts but I get something saying Unable to retrieve verison information form CLI
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exxception: The system cannot find the file specific at System.Diagnostics.process.startwithjcreateprocess(processsstartinfo startinfo) at handbrake.fucntions.main.getCliVersionData() in C;/Users jigglywiggly/desktop/c#/functions/main.cs:lin 317

So then I hit ok program starts up iwth no presets or anything, I load my file and it says it's incompatible vbut it loads it anyway. I change the destination and I just put the stuff the way I wanted it in .93 and well it opens a cmd line window and stops. Also I feel like I'm doing this totally wrong, and also when I hit build it takes a total of 2 seconds, not 4 hours which is probably another reason it's not working. Same for debug.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Read the page I linked to above. Visual studio does not build the CLI (which the GUI requires to operate). Cygwin builds the CLI (completely separate tool)
You don't need to publish anything. Just compile it. The binary is placed in /C#/bin/debug or /c#/bin/release

Your getting the error because you haven't built HandBrakeCLI.exe and placed it in the same folder as the handbrake.exe (the GUI)
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

So I installed cygwin but when I do

wget http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/releases/yasm-0.7.1.tar.gz &&
wget ftp://ftp.perforce.com/jam/jam-2.5.zip &&
wget http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/gnu/gmp/gmp-4.2.3.tar.gz &&
wget http://mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-2.3.2.tar.gz &&
for i in *.tar.gz; do tar -xvzf $i; done &&
unzip *.zip -d jam
It does not know what wget is. When I installed cygwin I clicked where it said default and changed it to all...
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

Ok I got it installed and everything works on my server 2k3 x64 pc, however this occurs
Seems like a file on one of the servers got renamed/removed
I tried doing this

$ wget http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/releases/ya
> wget ftp://ftp.perforce.com/jam/jam-2.5.zip &&
> wget http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/gnu/gmp/gmp-4.2.3.tar.gz
> wget http://mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-2.3.2.tar.gz &
> for i in *.tar.gz; do tar -xvzf $i; done &&
> unzip *.zip -d jam

Administrator@jiggles-p5qe ~
$ wget http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/releases/ya
> wget ftp://ftp.perforce.com/jam/jam-2.5.zip &&
> wget http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/gnu/gmp/gmp-4.2.3.tar.gz
> wget http://mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-2.3.2.tar.gz &
> for i in *.tar.gz; do tar -xvzf $i; done &&
> unzip *.zip -d jam
--2009-01-31 22:08:59--  http://www.tortall.net/project
1.tar.gz
Resolving www.tortall.net... 69.55.238.110
Connecting to www.tortall.net|69.55.238.110|:80... conn
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1412314 (1.3M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `yasm-0.7.1.tar.gz'

100%[======================================>] 1,412,314

2009-01-31 22:09:07 (168 KB/s) - `yasm-0.7.1.tar.gz' sa

--2009-01-31 22:09:08--  ftp://ftp.perforce.com/jam/jam
           => `jam-2.5.zip'
Resolving ftp.perforce.com... 206.225.83.22
Connecting to ftp.perforce.com|206.225.83.22|:21... con
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD /jam ... done.
==> SIZE jam-2.5.zip ... 191864
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR jam-2.5.zip ... done.
Length: 191864 (187K)

100%[======================================>] 191,864

2009-01-31 22:09:09 (396 KB/s) - `jam-2.5.zip' saved [1

--2009-01-31 22:09:09--  http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/gnu/gm
Resolving ftp.sunet.se... 194.71.11.69
Connecting to ftp.sunet.se|194.71.11.69|:80... connecte
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2294379 (2.2M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `gmp-4.2.3.tar.gz'

100%[======================================>] 2,294,379

2009-01-31 22:09:21 (201 KB/s) - `gmp-4.2.3.tar.gz' sav

--2009-01-31 22:09:21--  http://mpfr.org/mpfr-current/m
Resolving mpfr.org... 152.81.144.22
Connecting to mpfr.org|152.81.144.22|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2009-01-31 22:09:22 ERROR 404: Not Found.

EDIT: I changed the link to the mpfr newest version which is 2.4.0 which is the newest, they removed the old 2.3.2 version, so I highly recommend you guys change your tutorial. I fixed this issue however, by changing the links. And I did the make command, and it was working until 15 minutes in this occured. The code right below is the last few steps before it crashed any ideas?

cp: target `Settings/Administrator/Desktop/trunk/contrib/lib/' is not a directo
y

cd `dirname ./bzip2.tar.gz` && CONTRIB=`pwd` &&
        rm -rf bzip2 && (gzip -dc bzip2.tar.gz | tar xf - ) &&
        cd bzip2 && make && make install && cp libbz2.a $CONTRIB/lib/ &&
        strip -S $CONTRIB/lib/libbz2.a

...failed BZip2 ./lib/libbz2.a ...
...failed updating 18 target(s)...
...skipped 4 target(s)...
...updated 18 target(s)...
make[1]: *** [.contrib] Error 1
make: *** [contrib/.contrib] Error 2
It stops, is there like a misisng lib directory? I have no idea what this means... I am pretty sure this is not a user error. Also if someone would compile it for me... that would make my day :mrgreen: because this tutorial seems a bit outdated? I'm not sure, but can anyone see the error in here
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I've updated the link in the guide.

Looks like your trying to build from your desktop. Maybe try building it from the cygwin home directory. That is to say: don't change the directory in the cygwin shell when checking the source code out. Just load cygwin and run the commands as specified
- svn co svn://svn.handbrake.fr/HandBrake/trunk HandBrake
- cd HandBrake
- make
I'm guessing our build script doesn't escape paths, thus it can't handle any path with a space in it. "C:\document and settings" has spaces in it, hence the break.
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

You were right about that, so then I put the trunk folder in my c:\ drive. Compiled for about 45 min, and then it produced handbrake.cli (deflated 58% dunno what that means) I put cygwin1.dll in the same folder and double clicked it, it opened a dos window and then it closed itself... So then I put handbrake.cli and cygwin.dll in the folder with the gui stuff, and it worked... sort of. Handbrake did not complain when I started it up, there were no presets on the side... and then when I selected a source it said it was a non valid source but it selected it anyway, I chose the output place and it just opens a cmd window and closes? This is driving me insane, can anyone help? Or just compile it for me? All I wanted to do was just copy some movies to my iphone, this is driving me crazy :(
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

Oh and here is some of the log info

You can also do "bzip2 --help" to see some helpful information.
"bzip2 -L" displays the software license.

if ( test ! -d /usr/local/bin ) ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/bin ; fi
if ( test ! -d /usr/local/lib ) ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/lib ; fi
if ( test ! -d /usr/local/man ) ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/man ; fi
if ( test ! -d /usr/local/man/man1 ) ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/man/man1 ; fi
if ( test ! -d /usr/local/include ) ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/include ; fi
cp -f bzip2 /usr/local/bin/bzip2
cp -f bzip2 /usr/local/bin/bunzip2
cp -f bzip2 /usr/local/bin/bzcat
cp -f bzip2recover /usr/local/bin/bzip2recover
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bzip2
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bunzip2
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bzcat
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bzip2recover
cp -f bzip2.1 /usr/local/man/man1
chmod a+r /usr/local/man/man1/bzip2.1
cp -f bzlib.h /usr/local/include
chmod a+r /usr/local/include/bzlib.h
cp -f libbz2.a /usr/local/lib
chmod a+r /usr/local/lib/libbz2.a
cp -f bzgrep /usr/local/bin/bzgrep
ln -s -f /usr/local/bin/bzgrep /usr/local/bin/bzegrep
ln -s -f /usr/local/bin/bzgrep /usr/local/bin/bzfgrep
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bzgrep
cp -f bzmore /usr/local/bin/bzmore
ln -s -f /usr/local/bin/bzmore /usr/local/bin/bzless
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bzmore
cp -f bzdiff /usr/local/bin/bzdiff
ln -s -f /usr/local/bin/bzdiff /usr/local/bin/bzcmp
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/bzdiff
cp -f bzgrep.1 bzmore.1 bzdiff.1 /usr/local/man/man1
chmod a+r /usr/local/man/man1/bzgrep.1
chmod a+r /usr/local/man/man1/bzmore.1
chmod a+r /usr/local/man/man1/bzdiff.1
echo ".so man1/bzgrep.1" > /usr/local/man/man1/bzegrep.1
echo ".so man1/bzgrep.1" > /usr/local/man/man1/bzfgrep.1
echo ".so man1/bzmore.1" > /usr/local/man/man1/bzless.1
echo ".so man1/bzdiff.1" > /usr/local/man/man1/bzcmp.1
...updated 40 target(s)...
Checking dependencies...
Cc common.o
echo cc -I../contrib/include -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_CYGWIN -Wall -g -O3
 -funroll-loops
cc -I../contrib/include -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_CYGWIN -Wall -g -O3 -fun
roll-loops
Cc hb.o
echo cc -I../contrib/include -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_CYGWIN -Wall -g -O3
 -funroll-loops
cc -I../contrib/include -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_CYGWIN -Wall -g -O3 -fun
roll-loops
hb.c: In function `hb_detect_comb':
hb.c:482: warning: unused variable `flag'
hb.c: In function `hb_set_anamorphic_size':
hb.c:668: warning: statement with no effect
Cc ports.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc scan.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc work.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc decmpeg2.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc encavcodec.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc enctheora.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc update.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc demuxmpeg.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc fifo.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc render.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc reader.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
reader.c: In function `ReaderFunc':
reader.c:263: warning: implicit declaration of function `hb_stream_seek_chapter'

reader.c:274: warning: implicit declaration of function `hb_stream_chapter'
Cc muxcommon.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc stream.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
stream.c: In function `ffmpeg_title_scan':
stream.c:2730: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth valu
e
Cc muxmp4.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc sync.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc decsub.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc deca52.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc decdca.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc encfaac.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc declpcm.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc encx264.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc decavcodec.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
decavcodec.c: In function `decavcodecBSInfo':
decavcodec.c:407: warning: implicit declaration of function `memalign'
decavcodec.c:407: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a c
ast
decavcodec.c: In function `decodeAudio':
decavcodec.c:1133: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

Cc encxvid.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc muxmkv.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc muxavi.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc enclame.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc muxogm.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc encvorbis.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc dvd.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
dvd.c: In function `hb_dvd_title_scan':
dvd.c:170: warning: implicit declaration of function `ifoPrint'
Cc deblock.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc deinterlace.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
deinterlace.c:97: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
Cc denoise.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc detelecine.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc decomb.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
decomb.c: In function `store_ref':
decomb.c:152: warning: unused variable `h'
decomb.c: In function `detect_combed_segment':
decomb.c:511: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void
decomb.c: In function `decomb_filter_thread':
decomb.c:559: warning: unused variable `w'
decomb.c:561: warning: unused variable `ref_stride'
decomb.c: In function `yadif_decomb_filter_thread':
decomb.c:823: warning: unused variable `prev'
decomb.c:825: warning: unused variable `next'
decomb.c: In function `detect_combed_segment':
decomb.c:511: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
decomb.c: At top level:
decomb.c:166: warning: 'get_ref' defined but not used
Cc lang.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
Cc decmetadata.o
 -funroll-loops
roll-loops
decmetadata.c: In function `identify_art_type':
decmetadata.c:31: warning: unused variable `found'
decmetadata.c: In function `decmp4metadata':
decmetadata.c:58: warning: unused variable `count'
Library libhb.a
ar: creating libhb.a
Shared library libhb.dll
Link HandBrakeCLI
(rm -rf HandBrake HandBrake*.zip ; mkdir -p HandBrake/api HandBrake/doc; cp test
/BUILDSHARED AUTHORS BUILD COPYING CREDITS NEWS THANKS TRANSLATIONS HandBrake/do
c ;  cp -rp libhb/hb.h libhb/common.h libhb/ports.h HandBrake/api ; cp -rp HandB
rakeCLI HandBrake ; cp /bin/cygwin1.dll HandBrake ; zip -r HandBrake-svnexported
-Win_CLI.zip HandBrake ; rm -rf HandBrake )
  adding: HandBrake/ (stored 0%)
  adding: HandBrake/api/ (stored 0%)
  adding: HandBrake/api/common.h (deflated 73%)
  adding: HandBrake/api/hb.h (deflated 68%)
  adding: HandBrake/api/ports.h (deflated 71%)
  adding: HandBrake/cygwin1.dll (deflated 61%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/ (stored 0%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/AUTHORS (deflated 53%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/BUILD (deflated 58%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/BUILDSHARED (deflated 72%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/COPYING (deflated 62%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/CREDITS (deflated 49%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/NEWS (deflated 61%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/THANKS (deflated 44%)
  adding: HandBrake/doc/TRANSLATIONS (deflated 44%)
  adding: HandBrake/HandBrakeCLI.exe (deflated 58%)

Administrator@jiggles-p5qe /cygdrive/c/trunk
$
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

The builds completed. Nothing wrong.
Presets only appear when you do presets > update built-in presets.

Your working with untested code which isn't supported so if it's not playing ball, your out of luck.
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

But you said it would take 4 hours :oops:
It took 45 minutes...
Also, does anyone have a revision that works? I mean like I really want to convert these videos...
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

It's ok... I just reripped all my videos with the m4v format and AC3 audio... took time, but well whatever.