HandBrake - Video Fine, No Audio

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
TheSuigi

HandBrake - Video Fine, No Audio

Post by TheSuigi »

Hello!
You've really come up with a great piece of software here.
It runs far better on my dual-core processor than anything else.

BUT I have one problem - anything I encode has no audio.
The video comes out just fine, but no matter what I set for Audio Output (MP3, AAC, Vorbis), nothing comes out!
I even put the LAME.exe encoder file into the Handbrake directory with no luck.

Can you please help me out?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

The dev team is still having a look at the audio issues. Its actually only certain DVD's that it appears to happen with and even then its not easily replicated on another system.

I'm not convinced its an issue with handbrake itself as it would appear that using a 3rd part copy protection remover can resovle the issue. The problem is not all applications, such as DVD43 can remove all protections which is where we run into problems. If the protection used isnt supported then issues arrise.

DVDFab, AnyDVD seem to be quite good at removing most protections but these cost money,

RipIt4Me appears to remove quite a few protections but i'm not sure how many it will get around.

Its hard to say. No-one is really sure what causes it yet.

If you don't mind can you list the DVD's your using, What region code they are. (should tell you on the box) and what decryption software your using? (DVDFab, DVD43 etc)
TheSuigi

Post by TheSuigi »

I'm trying to encode two DVDs I ripped onto my HD using DVDFAB Platinum 3.0.8.6 (there's a 30 day trial version).
The DVDs are "The Who - Quadrophenia Live" and "Queen On Fire: Live At The Bowl," both Region 1.

EDIT: After ripping a different DVD to hard drive using DVD Decrypter, HandBrake is outputting audio. Looks like it's DVDFAB that's the problem. Good for the occasional DVD, utter turds otherwise.
kraus

No Audio

Post by kraus »

I downloaded and installed DVD43 and Handbrake for windows last night. I followed the guide to the letter and ended up with perfect video and no audio as well.

The DVD is Alfed Hitchcock's Foreign Correspondent. I don't know what the region code is, sorry. It came as a box set a few years ago so I doubt it has any fancy encryption.

I'll try something more recent and see if the problem happens again.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

DVD43 is pretty useless against newer copy protections.

AnyDVD does a far better job. 21day free trial available.