cannot load CRF preset

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
blazo

cannot load CRF preset

Post by blazo »

I think I found a bug in Windows GUI but I'm not sure.
When I try to select "constant quality rate" preset (or even my own saved preset) I get an error message and preset is not loaded. I played with preset and found out that the problem lies in "-q 0.68". If I change this to "-q 0,68" preset loads but the quality slider is not updated (stays at 0%).
The error mesage reads:
An error has occured in the Query Parser. Please ....
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(....)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(....)
at Handbrake.Functions.QueryParser.Parse(...)
I am using english Windows XP SP2 with Slovenian regional settings (which has comma (,) as decimal point and dot (.) for digit grouping).
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: cannot load CRF preset

Post by s55 »

It's a localisation issue and has been fixed in the svn. Wait for the next public release.
If you really want to use it, use the query editor tab and make sure you use a . e.g -q 0.68
orangefluff

Post by orangefluff »

I get the same error message, but I don't have unusual regional settings (just region 1: America) and got the error message from simply opening up the program from the Start menu. This is version 0.9.2, which I think is the most current.

I've used the program to copy two DVDs with no problems. I can exit out of the error message by dragging it out from behind the splash screen and clicking OK; after that, the program looks normal to me.

Anything I should be worried about? Is anything effected because of/in response to this error message?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You can turn of the preset stuff in tools > options
that'll shush the error messages.

Can you post a screenshot or a copy of the error message please. Just want to make sure i've not missed another localization issue.
orangefluff

Post by orangefluff »

Sure. I'll just copy it.

"An error has occured in the Query Parser. Please report this error on the forum in the 'Windows' support section.

System format exception: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParsInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at Handbrake.Functions.QueryParser.Parse(String input)"

Nothing different, I don't think. But you're the expert, not me...
orangefluff

Post by orangefluff »

I disabled "Update Presets" in Tools, then closed and re-opened the program. Still got the error message. So I re-booted, then opened the program. Still got the error message. I noticed, though, that the splash screen kept getting stuck on "Loading Default Settngs" right before the Error pops up. So disabled the "Load my Default Settings" in Tools, too. That did it. No more error when opened.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.