Will not read DVD's

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
zarajoe

Will not read DVD's

Post by zarajoe »

Hi,

When I try to open a DVD in HandBrake (which has no copy protection), HandBrake always fails to read the disc giving me an error message

No Title(s) found. Please make sure you have selected a valid, non-copy protected source. Please refer to the FAQ (see Help Menu)

I also have tried to open DVD's that are on the Hard Drive into HandBrake with the same error message. What do I need to do to get HandBrake to read my DVD's whether they be on disk or the HDD?
royone
Enlightened

Re: Will not read DVD's

Post by royone »

Handbrake is probably having issues with the authoring of the disks. In particular, those created with iDVD have been a known problem. New versions of HB are (from what I read) getting more robust about that sort of thing.

In the meantime, try a reauthoring tool like DVDShrink. Put the desired title (with no compression) into a new DVD image file and see whether Handbrake will read it.
zarajoe

Post by zarajoe »

Ok it just decided to start working again, thanks anyway for your reply
xDVST8x

Post by xDVST8x »

I ran into this problem with Handbrake not detecting Titles on NON copy protected DVDs for the FIRST USE YOU MUST RUN AS ADMINISTARTOR IN WINDOWS VISTA.. after the first run, it seems to run fine & detect titles.
zarajoe

Post by zarajoe »

That was probably it as I'm using Windows Vista. Still other then that one small issue this software is fantastic