Wrong Video Speed on Playback

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Bewick Place

Wrong Video Speed on Playback

Post by Bewick Place »

I ripped over 100+ DVDs to MP4 (with AC3 audio) without issue, but I'm suffering a particular problem with Notting Hill.

The DVD is ripped in the normal way, but playback of the picture (not the sound) runs approx. 3 times two fast! On the initial chapter which is 2:19 long, Windows Media Player indicates the chaper is 6:57 long!! The duration as shown in windoes explorer is however 2:19??

I have also seen the problem on one other movie - Elizabeth 1 - but then only on one chapter.

Other than MP4 and AC3 into an .avi file I'm using the standard presets. Have tried tweaking a few things like framerate, but to no avail.

Advice and guidance appreaciated.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Do you see this when playing back with VLC?

Rodney
Bewick Place

Post by Bewick Place »

Just downloaded VLC and actually get the reverse!!

- The video plays at normal speed
- VLC reports the duration as 6:57
- and the sound doesn't playback - occassional noises!

????
Bewick Place

Post by Bewick Place »

I appear to have fixed the problem for Notting Hill by explicitly selecting the audio track.

I had it on automatic, but there were two tracks:
- AC3 4.1
- AC3 5.1

Selecting the second option has brought everything back into sync. Well at least chapter 1 works - now to rip the entire DVD.

Didn't solve my problem on Elizabeth though - interestingly that one actually changes mid track!!??

Any more good ideas?