Scheduled priority level - is it possible?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cufinnev

Scheduled priority level - is it possible?

Post by cufinnev »

I am doing quite a lot of encoding right now and ideally I would like HandBrake to not hog my CPU during the day and run at full speed during the night.

So is it possible to set the CPU priority level as High from 11pm-11am, for example? Then during the hours of 11am-11pm the CPU priority level should be set as Normal (this level doesn't disturb my use).

I understand that I could just change the level before and after each session of computer use, but I would rather it was automatic.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Scheduled priority level - is it possible?

Post by s55 »

There isn't actually much need for it to be automatic. The default is "Below Normal". When you move away from your system it'll run full tilt already assuming your not running anything with a higher priority at the same time.

Priority change impact performance much, if at all, if nothing else is using CPU time.

That's why "Below Normal" is default. Most systems will be a bit more responsive to user input if folks use at the same time as a HandBrake encode, but it'll go full tilt if it's not in use.
samlarsn

Re: Scheduled priority level - is it possible?

Post by samlarsn »

You can easily ut the process in highest priority, it could slow down the performance of other app but if it's not crucial the transcoder could work its ass off all the day