Windows Media Player & MP4

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Rgig

Windows Media Player & MP4

Post by Rgig »

I downloaded HB since what I read lead me to think it is what I needed.

I don't have an iPod but have a Windows Mobile 6 cell phone and the media player on it play MP4 files.

I want to convert some of my DVD's to MP4 format and play them on it.

I've tried numerous times with different compbinations and the best I can get is sound and no video from the MP4's I created with HB and transfered to my cell phone.

Am I going in the wrong direction or can HB convert DVD's to MP4 for my WM6 - Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Pocket PC?

Any help or direction is appreciated. If HB is not the right product does anyone know what will work?

Thanks,

Rick
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Mpeg 4 + Mp3 would be the only option that would work with a win mobile device. Thats assuming it supports vanilla mpeg4. You may need to find an alternative media player for the device. Windows Media player is pretty useless
Rgig

Post by Rgig »

I've seen a few out there but I haven't tried to download any at this point.

Mainly because I am not upto speed on WM6 yet and not sure if I load another player can I still have Windows Media Player. I really don't care once I have a decent player but once I remove it I am not sure I can get it back.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

They work like PC's You put a new bit of software on, you can take it off again. It won't affect anything else.

Best if you look for a forum that covers Windows Mobile as that's where you'll get the best advice.
Rgig

Post by Rgig »

Thanks...

I've found a forum a while back and I have been active on it.