subtitle

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
donkeykonkey

subtitle

Post by donkeykonkey »

Description of problem or question:
i have 130 files. i need to have some files with subttile 1, some with subttile 2. but whenever i click the subtitles i want on for example file 2. if i go awya from file 2 and then go back 2 it doesnt have subtitle 2 selected anymore

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
have 2 files with both 2 subtitle options. then choose on file 1 subttile 1 and on file 2 subtitle 2, then go back to file 1 and then go back to file 2 and then on file 2 subtitle 2 isnt selected anymore

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
donkeykonkey

Re: subtitle

Post by donkeykonkey »

yes i have read both. but i want to single handedly pick which subtitle i want for all 130 files and then handbrake them in a batch. seems like this is impossible. because the default setting will remove whatever i choose.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Open your file, set your subtitles then “Add to queue”. This will put the file and settings into the queue.

You can then select your next file and repeat.

You could also use the CLI if you know what you are doing…cue posts about spaghetti!
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

If you change files you're working on before you save it to the queue, your selections will vanish. The GUI only works on a single file at a time.

If your subtitles have a language assigned to them and they are different, you can have the GUI favor a particular language for selection.

If they fit the criteria of "foreign audio" subtitles (only the things that aren't dubbed in the selected language), you MAY be able to use the Foreign Audio Search to select the smaller "FA" track, but that's not a sure thing.

And, as Rollin points out, there is always the full control of the command line interface and batch files.

(and no pasta mentioned)