Volume Control

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ukbobboy
New User

Volume Control

Post by ukbobboy »

Low Volume on Some .mp4 Files:

Dear Forum Members

Long time HandBrake (for Win XP) user but first time HandBrake forum user, I have a simple question that may or may not have been asked before. If it has, I can't seem to find any trace of a similar problem.

Anyway, when playing .mp4 files there seem to be an inconsistency from program to program in the volume level within a season of programs.

Therefore I was wondering, is there a feature available within HandBrake that will control the amount of volume that can be set on a newly HandBrake converted mp4 file?

This may be a silly question but I've not been able to identify any such feature.

Thanks in advance

UK Bob
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Volume Control

Post by Woodstock »

On XP, no. New versions of handbrake do not run on XP. You will have to upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows.

Handbrake does have the ability to increase or decrease the volume on individual audio tracks. It is on the audio tab, and part of the selected audio line, but normally not shown unless you ask for it. If your playback device is capable, it is usually better to pass through the audio tracks you can.