Auto Select a Subtitle as Default

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
justincase
Bright Spark User

Auto Select a Subtitle as Default

Post by justincase »

Description of problem or question:
This is just a general question. It seems like it's impossible to auto-select a subtitle as default in the presets (no forced only, no burn in, yes default specifically speaking).
To be clear, the correct subtitle track does gets populated after I select the file; it's just that I would have to go into the subtitle tab and manually select [x] Default, every time. This is fine if I'm doing one off encodes but becomes cumbersome when doing batch encodes.
I remember searching for an answer a while back with the common answer that 'it just doesn't' and to just do it in the command line on old forum posts. I'm wondering if why this is the case, or that if I'm wrong.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
1.3.3 (portable)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Win10
sirloyne

Re: Auto Select a Subtitle as Default

Post by sirloyne »

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but under the subtitles tab click "Selected Behavior". Choose "First Matching Selected Language" then choose your language and move it from the left to the right.