Tags left inside of MKV files of completed transcodes

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Allan74
New User

Tags left inside of MKV files of completed transcodes

Post by Allan74 »

Description of problem or question:

Is there any way to stop Handbrake from leaving garbage behind inside of my mkv files after each transcode ?
(ie. Global Tag, Track Tags)

Even the latest version of MediaInfo will not display bitrate etc within the opening summary page and I am forced to check each file using a full page report.
Upon remuxing with the file with mkvmerge and cleaning out the UNneeded trash, everything works correctly without the added bloat over and above the video/audio tracks. I have also NEVER had a problem playing the files without these tags.

If this is Handbrake's way of letting everyone know that the software is opensource and came from 'somewhere', I am happy to pay for a version that simply does and outputs what I want it to, and nothing more.

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

I don't believe that a log file would help. This seems to be a feature.
musicvid
Veteran User

Re: Tags left inside of MKV files of completed transcodes

Post by musicvid »

Unfortunately, you have posted neither the required encode logs NOR the MediaInfo reports to which you refer NOR what works incorrectly or what issue(s) you are having NOR the steps a troubleshooter would need to take in order to reproduce them.

It sounds like you don't like the way the tags are presented in MediaInfo, but without a proper error report and examples, there is no way to address them as anything but teething pains, sorry.
I don't believe that a log file would help. This seems to be a feature.
Nonsense.

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html