Handbrake VHS Video Conversion Error

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
VHS230
New User

Handbrake VHS Video Conversion Error

Post by VHS230 »

Description of problem or question: I have a ~31 minute uncompressed AVI video that I am trying to convert to a .MP4 but I am getting the "Queue finished with 2 errors or cancellations.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable): Error with converting my video from AVI to MP4

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0): 1.3.3

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update): Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

HandBrake Activity Log https://pastebin.com/G2f2tnRn
Deleted User 11865

Re: Handbrake VHS Video Conversion Error

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Code: Select all

av_read_frame error (-13): Permission denied
This is pretty weird since reading the source file clearly worked for the initial scan.

I wonder if it's possibly related to the destination despite the error. Are you sure the "D:\Final\" directory exists and is writable? Alternatively, what happens if you move the source (AVI) file to e.g. your Documents folder and try encoding again?
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

More specifically, what is your D:// drive and how is it connected? You seem to be reading your 27GB source and writing to the same drive.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Yeah maybe you're just running out of disk space.