Subtitles not appearing in final output post queue is processed

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jaydeep.vayeda

Subtitles not appearing in final output post queue is processed

Post by jaydeep.vayeda »

I am trying to batch process and hard bun subtitles. I have 8 mp4 files and 8 .ass files with identical names i.e. .mp4 and .ass files have same name. After I add all mp4 files and .ass files to the queue and process queue, I am not able to see subtitles burned. Please note that I am completely new to HandBrake and tried looking for a straight forward answer to this problem but couldn't find it.

I have tried changing multiple options in selection behavior but still I did not get subtitles hard burned on video. I am able to do it if I select one video and import subtitle. I have around 150 videos and subs to burn. Currently using HandBrake 1.3.1 on Windows 10. Below is the activity log.

https://pastebin.com/GZQvGbZT

Please advise and assist. Kindly note I need assistance with steps involving GUI. Do not know how to use command lines if any.

Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Subtitles not appearing in final output post queue is processed

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake does not automatically select external subtitles. You have to add them manually.

Alternatively, you can mux the MP4 and SSA files into an MKV for processing as one file.