H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc) Question

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
deftesthawk
New User

H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc) Question

Post by deftesthawk »

Description of problem or question:

Is there a way I can choose a slower Encoder Preset for the "H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc)" as the slowest "H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc)" preset makes the video come out larger in file size than the slowest "H.265 (x265)" preset. I'd like to be able to do this because it takes ages on the "H.265 (x265)" Video Codec, I find the "H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc)" Codec a lot faster for me as I have a Nvidia RTX 2080ti.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

Have a Nvidia GPU that supports NVEnc
drag and drop a video you want to compress into Handbrake
Go to the Video tab
click on the drop down box next to "Video Codec", then click "H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc)"
On the same tab under "Optimise Video" you'll see "Encoder Presets" click the slowest one
Press start encode at the top of the page
Now do the exact same thing but with "H.265 (x265)" Video Codec
when they're both done you'll notice the x265 version is significantly smaller in size

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

1.3.1 (2020010400)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10 OS Build (18363.535)

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.