Language Settings For HandbrakeCLI.exe

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
wbyrum

Language Settings For HandbrakeCLI.exe

Post by wbyrum »

I am trying to generate an AppleTV compatible .m4v file from a commercial DVD animated movie which was decrypted using DVD Cloner IV.

Here is the Handbrake command that I am using:

"HandBrakeCLI -i "C:\DVD TEMP\MOVIE_TS" -o "G:\DVD Temp\Movie Title.m4v" -e x264 -E faac --crop 0:0:0:0 -p -m -b 2500 -x bframes=0:ref=1:subme=5:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:trellis=2 -B 160 -R 48 -v"

This particular movie has some non-English scenes where it is necessary to have languge specific video for Spanish and French. This is necessary for scenes showing signs, billboards or any other text that should appear in the alternate languages.

Although the DVD disc containing the decrypted animated movie plays correctly, the .m4v file that is generated contains all versions of the language specific scenes (played sequentially) and the English audio-video is way out of synch all through the movie.

I have read the documentation concening the language commands in HandbrakeCLI.exe, but I don't understand the commands well enough to solve this problem.

If any of the Gurus or Administrators could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
daman123x
Novice

Post by daman123x »

well, if you are using the GUI, select a title and the desired chapters, otherwise, select this with the CLI