Job summary elapsed time

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
MyronAub

Job summary elapsed time

Post by MyronAub »

HandBrake 1.2.2
Windows 7 Professional

If I queue up say 10 jobs and then let Handbrake run them all, is there a simple way when all finished to see how long each individual job took?

For example, I want to run some tests to see how much quicker or slower encoding the exact same file is with certain filters/encoder/quality settings.

Any ideas anyone?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Job summary elapsed time

Post by rollin_eng »

The logs should tell you.
MyronAub

Post by MyronAub »

rollin_eng wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:51 am The logs should tell you.
Do you mean by looking at the start encode timestamp (e.g. [09:41:51]) and then the last timestamp in the log (e.g. [11:42:45]) and manually working out the difference?

I was hoping there'd be an easier/quicker way and am surprised the actual time elapsed isn't logged anywhere.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

You can look at the encoding speed line (fps) in the log, which provides the reciprocal of encoding time.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

The nightly builds have a statistics tab on the queue, so it's much easier to see this information.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

mduell wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:27 pm You can look at the encoding speed line (fps) in the log, which provides the reciprocal of encoding time.
That will not give you the job time though, just the video encode time.