Audio shifted (out of sync) after conversion

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.

Audio shifted (out of sync) after conversion

Post by 9190 »

Description of problem:
After conversion of .wmv file in HandBrake, the audio track in resulting .mp4 file running approx. 1 sec. earlier than in original file. Doesn't matter do I choose Constant Framerate (30 FPS) or Variable Framerate (Same as source) in Output Settings. As a result, at the beginning of the video, the announcer’s speech does not start from the beginning, as it turns out to be cut off.

HandBrake version: 1.0.7 (2017040900) - 32bit
Operating system and version: Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit (Service Pack 1)

Activity Logs with my video examples you can find here:
https://mega.nz/#F!tUl3hSpB!gweC5Ct4eWvtCcXHWTKZbg

Examples of video and audio desynchronization signs:
1) As I wrote it before, at the beginning of the video, the announcer’s speech does not start from the beginning, as it turns out to be cut off. In the original file video starts from words "We are very excited", whereas after conversion it starts from words "very excited"

2) On the time span 01:36 of the "Original.wmv" file the announcer says “Yes” at the same time as word “Yes” appearing on the screen, whereas this does not happen at the same time on the converted mp4 files, where announcer says “Yes” on the time span 01:35 (earlier than necessary).

This is disappointing, because that was my first experience using HandBrake.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Audio shifted (out of sync) after conversion

Post by s55 »

Problems in your source file are causing issues during encoding.

The current release seems to handle your source file much better and isn't cutting the start of the audio anymore.
Unfortunately, unless you can upgrade your operating system, you won't be able to run a newer version of HandBrake as they require a 64bit OS.

Post by 9190 »

s55 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 pm Unfortunately, unless you can upgrade your operating system, you won't be able to run a newer version of HandBrake as they require a 64bit OS.
Yes, that's the thing.

If there is no such problem in new versions of the program, I would be grateful if someone would convert my "Original.wmv" video file for me, so that in the end it would take between 20 and 30 MB. Because this large file annoys me for a long time, but I do not dare to delete it.

Post by 9190 »

Well, since no one helped me, I decided to temporarily upload the "Original.wmv" video file on YouTube. And then download the YouTube-processed mp4 video in 1080p quality back to my computer. And YouTube did a pretty good job. No problems with the synchronization of audio and video in my file, everything is exactly the same as on the original file in this regard. Quality is almost indistinguishable, but the file now takes 4 times less. Thus, it turns out that YouTube has become the best converter for me right now.

I put YouTube-processed video file in the same shared folder.