Concatenating multiple files into a single video

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
lthrower
New User

Concatenating multiple files into a single video

Post by lthrower »

Description of problem or question:
No problem - just can't figure out something simple. My DVD source has the original video cut into four pieces, numbered 1-4. The cuts are random. I would simply like to rip them into a single video so I can watch this without starting a new video every 36 minutes. How can I queue all parts up together and have them ripped into a single video?

Thanks,
Lloyd

BTW, having ripped the pieces individually, the standard preset works perfectly for my purposes. I just want one video, not four.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Don't really have any activity to post here.  SImply asking what I think is a basic question about how to use the product.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Concatenating multiple files into a single video

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake cannot do what you're asking for. There are other tools that can do it; the ffmpeg command line, for example, or mkvtoolnix (assuming you ripped to MKV files first).
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Use VideoRedo+.
Concatenation of .vob files is hiccupy much of the time.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

You guys know HandBrake can open DVD folder structures, right?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

The ability to open/read the folder structure doesn't help if that structure defines 4 separate episodes, and the goal is one 4-episode file, though. You still need to combine the files.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

I guess the OP needs to tell us whether there are four VOBs, four Chapters, or four Titles.
Then we'll know what can be done.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

If only we had the required log so we could see if there was one title spanning all of the desired content... we should make a note about including the activity log with all it's bounty of debugging/clarification info!