Boost and compress audio for web publication

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
licondam

Boost and compress audio for web publication

Post by licondam »

Al most of you may know encoded professional MXF files often contains broadcast audio which may sound quit for online users. I want to convert a MPEG-2 1080i MXF 50 interlaced to a web mp4 format. I know how video encoding works and it gives a nice image at 1080p, so no problems with video.

The only problem I have is with ''quiet'' audio. Where can I find a function which boosts and compress audio levels for web publication?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Boost and compress audio for web publication

Post by Woodstock »

If you are in the graphic interface and are converting the audio, there are "extra" controls available to increase or decrease the audio level. In the Windows GUI, just in front of the red X for "delete this track", there is a button with an down arrow on it; click it, and you have access to the controls.

This is NOT available for pass-through, and it is not "audio compression" or anything fancy like that. If you need compression, you will have to separate the audio tracks from the source, process them with a proper sound editor, and re-mux them into the source.