HandBrakeCLI trouble getting it started

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Space-27

HandBrakeCLI trouble getting it started

Post by Space-27 »

Description of problem or question:

My Windows 10 command line tells me that " HandBrakeCLI " is not a recognized command. This keeps me from using it at all.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: HandBrakeCLI trouble getting it started

Post by Woodstock »

Unzip it into a directory. Use the path to the file as the command.

Assuming you put it in the same directory as handbrake's GUI normally resides (c:\program files\handbrake\), the command to run it would be "c:\program files\handbrake\handbrakecli.exe" (the quotes are important because of the space in the path.

An example from a batch file I use:

Code: Select all

title %time% Myriad Colors Phantom World HD01 & "C:\Program Files\Handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe" -i "Z:\Myriad Colors Phantom World\Myriad Colors HD01.mkv" -t 1 -o "V:\Anime\dubbed\M\Myriad Colors Phantom World\Myriad Colors HD01.mkv"  -f mkv --strict-anamorphic  -e x264 -q 20 --cfr  -a 1,2,3,4 -E av_aac,copy:ac3,av_aac,copy:ac3 -B 160,0,160,0 -6 dpl2,auto,dpl2,auto -R Auto,Auto,Auto,Auto -D 0,0,0,0 --gain=0,0,0,0 --audio-copy-mask none --audio-fallback ffac3 --subtitle 2,1 --markers="C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Myriad Colors Phantom World HD01-1-chapters.csv" -x ref=1:weightp=1:subq=2:rc-lookahead=10:trellis=0:8x8dct=0 --verbose=1 --no-dvdnav
The part before the & just puts a title on the CMD window to show me what's being processed at the time