Can Handbrake Version 1.0.7 paste 3 *.mkv files into one file?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
BS BS BS

Can Handbrake Version 1.0.7 paste 3 *.mkv files into one file?

Post by BS BS BS »

Is there a way to use my 1.0.7 version of Handbrake to "paste" the three *.mkv file pieces of a movie I converted to *.mkv file on Handbrake into only 1 mkv file?

My discs only record 1 hour each from the TV and the movie was 2hrs 45 mins long, so the movie used 3 discs and created three *.mkv files when I converted it from the DVD-RW discs to *.mkv's.

I would love to use Handbrake to paste all three *.mkv files together to get the movie onto one file on my laptop.

Keeping in mind that you are talking to a completely UN-techy techy Gramma here, any help would be appreciated from anyone willing to "dumb down" their advice to my experience level.

Thanks, folks.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version is 1.0.7:

Operating system and version is Windows 10 on a Pavilion Beatsoundio Laptop:

HandBrake Activity Log: I haven't done anything yet - need the advice first, so no activity log yet. Sorry. (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

I haven't done anything yet - need the advice first, so no activity log yet.  Sorry.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Can Handbrake Version 1.0.7 paste 3 *.mkv files into one file?

Post by Woodstock »

No version of handbrake can do that.

There are other utilities that can; mkvmerge from the mkvtoolnix utilities can concatenate many types of video files together into an MKV file, which can be processed by handbrake.

You should also consider updating your version of handbrake to one that is supported. 1.1.2 is current, and 1.2.x is expected "soon".
andrewk89
Novice

Re: Can Handbrake Version 1.0.7 paste 3 *.mkv files into one file?

Post by andrewk89 »