An Unknown Error has occurred - can't see correct title

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Deleted User 44863

An Unknown Error has occurred - can't see correct title

Post by Deleted User 44863 »

Description of problem or question:
I receive the error message "An Unknown Error has occurred" when clicking the title dropdown after opening a movie source "folder". I've used Handbrake for many years and never experienced this error before.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Import source and click on the dropdown next to Title. The error occurs only upon initially clicking it. After acknowledging the error, I can successfully click the dropdown and see the other titles, but unfortunately the main title isn't listed.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
Latest nightly

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 7, x64

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/Cm4d7P9B

Thank you in advance for your help.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: An Unknown Error has occurred - can't see correct title

Post by Woodstock »

Since you did not post an encode log, some items were not included in the activity log.

First suggestion would be to update your Intel video driver; it's rather old. Also, if you have ANY hardware decoding enabled (Tools->Preferences->Video), disable it, as the QSV decoder has issues with some titles.

When the "unknown error" occurs, are there any entries in the Windows Event Viewer that correspond to that? If so, can you post the text from that?