How to batch change duration of clips, optionally apply video and audio fade at end

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bwnvideo
New User

How to batch change duration of clips, optionally apply video and audio fade at end

Post by bwnvideo »

Description of problem or question:

I have 500 video clips that are various lengths in various resolutions and sizes. I'd like to change them all to a length of 90 seconds from the beginning and then export them back out to a different folder with that new length and with a video and audio fade applied to each, without distorting the resolution or size of the clips.

How would I go about changing the duration of all video clips in a given folder at once, as a batch?

Is it possible also to apply a video and audio fade to the end of all of those same video clips?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

It isn't a problem.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

1.1.1 (2018061800) - 64bit

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/Bc4NPyPe
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: How to batch change duration of clips, optionally apply video and audio fade at end

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake isn't the tool for what you want to do. Well, parts of it - the command line interface will allow you to limit the output length more simply than trying to use "batch add" in the GUI.

But the fade in/out isn't available in handbrake.