HandBrake Stuck After Update To 1.1.1

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Dominic26

HandBrake Stuck After Update To 1.1.1

Post by Dominic26 »

HandBrake gets stuck at 50% trying to scan the first title any disc I put in. This includes discs I have already ripped in the past.

HandBrake version: 1.1.1

Windows 10, version 1803

HandBrake Activity Log https://pastebin.com/f0Dggc4z
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: HandBrake Stuck After Update To 1.1.1

Post by rollin_eng »

Try ripping with makemkv first.
Dominic26

Post by Dominic26 »

That's what I figured out after reading a post yesterday. The down side it is now a 2 step process. Does it have to do with the latest update?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Nope. HandBrake dropped libdvdcss about a decade ago. (Which I'm guessing you might have had before)

While it's technically possible to install it, it's not recommended or officially supported by us. Mostly because failure rates are pretty high when using it as it doesn't deal with anything but CSS protection vs the hundreds of structural protections discs now employ too.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Speed difference relates to your workflow, too. Rip one disk per day? Yeah, it's slower to use two programs.

Rip multiple disks in a session? Much faster in the "I have to sit and wait for the disk to finish ripping so I can change it and start the next" time. Ripping 16 DVDs or BDs with a ripper goes fast, and you can queue the MKV files up to process long after you go off to do more fun things.