Queue not applying input settings

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
boyt
New User

Queue not applying input settings

Post by boyt »

Hello world ,

I am trying to cut off the first 20 seconds of about 300 videos . I adjusted my presets , my settings , my encoding options and I changed it from chapters to a time range and set it at 20 seconds . Then I added All the video files to the Queue . I click the start Queue button and it begins the task. The problem is that only the first video in the Queue has the first 20 seconds removed , all the rest of the files are full and complete and my settings were not applied to them. I have searched high and low and have been struggling with this for 2 days now trying every piece of software under the sun and I cannot figure it out. I would prefer a way to do this in batch without having to encode but all the help i read suggested using FFMPEG and I looked into all that and I am totally lost and have no idea what any of that is .

Is there a way for handbrake to remove the first 20 seconds from all of my videos in batch? This is the first 300 videos , as I have about 5,000 videos that I want to do this to as well but for now I am only trying it on a small batch to see if I can get it to work.

Please help I have not much hair and have began pulling it out

Sincerely
Deleted User 11865

Re: Queue not applying input settings

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

That's normal behavior - each title gets the preset settings applied, but changes from the preset must be done for each individual title after selecting it via the title drop-down.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to store chapter/frame/time ranges in HandBrake presets.