Handbrake doesn't add some files when batch scanning

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
liozael

Handbrake doesn't add some files when batch scanning

Post by liozael »

Description of problem or question:
I'm scanning about 200 files and when the batch scan is finished I select "Add Selection" from the "Add to Queue" dropdown menu. When it opens up some tiles are missing like tile 1, tile 3 and some about 30 other random tiles are missing. I then select "Add All" to add all tiles to queue and the ones that are missing still don't get added. So I think maybe handbrake can't handle 200 files and I split them up to 20 files in one folder. After scanning only 20 files the ones that couldn't be scanned the first time like "M2U00052.MPG" are still missing from the tiles the second time in the "Add Selection" menu.

In the activity log when comparing two files, one that was added and one that was not, file "M2U00052.MPG" (the one that was not scanned properly) and file "M2U00053.MPG" on lines 54 to 57 it says

Code: Select all

[04:04:10] hb_sample_pts: couldn't find video packet near 1830912
[04:04:10] hb_sample_pts: couldn't find video packet near 1845248
[04:04:10] hb_sample_pts: couldn't find video packet near 1859584
[04:04:10] batch: ignoring title (too short)
while there is no such error on the log of file "M2U00053.MPG".

To add to the strangeness I can individually scan the files that were not scanned by batch scan. I can even render them and they're fine. I just can't imagine myself sitting and comparing which files were not added and then individually adding them.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
To reproduce the problem I can not think of anything other than trying to scan 2000 era camera footage in a large quantity.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
1.1.1 I was having the same issue on 1.1 so I updated without success.

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10 Pro

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/j36Va34h
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Handbrake doesn't add some files when batch scanning

Post by s55 »

[04:04:10] batch: ignoring title (too short)
Batch scan will drop any title below a length threshold. Default 10 seconds. Configurable in preferences.
liozael

Re: Handbrake doesn't add some files when batch scanning

Post by liozael »

thank you!