copying dvd with chapters

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
clivey

copying dvd with chapters

Post by clivey »

Description of problem or question:
I have DVDs with personal events recorded and all separately titled. I want to seperate them for transfer to flash drives and hoped that Handbrake would copy them separately to file if I used the Queueing button. I obviously am not doing something correctly because the Handbrake program simply copied the entire DVD 7 times!!

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
I think its the latest 1.0.0.1

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10 Creators Update

I don't understand how to use this part! I have copied the logs but I cant seem to paste them!

Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: copying dvd with chapters

Post by Woodstock »

Activity log is really required here, so we can know what you did and what handbrake saw in the source.

What you describe could be explained by having one big video with chapter markers. You have to tell handbrake which chapters to include in which output file, because there is no automatic function in handbrake to say, "split this at chapter markers".
mduell
Veteran User

Re: copying dvd with chapters

Post by mduell »

An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.