The latest version will be compatible for 8 cores?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bravo444

The latest version will be compatible for 8 cores?

Post by bravo444 »

Description of problem or question:
I am going to change the CPU to Ryzen 2700x which has 8 cores. Now, I wonder if the latest version of HandBrake can support or compatible for 8 cores and work or not.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
None

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10 Pro

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Deleted User 11865

Re: The latest version will be compatible for 8 cores?

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It all really depends on your encoding settings. You can also run multiple encodes at the same time, though unfortunately the interface requires you to launch multiple instances of HandBrake.
bravo444

Post by bravo444 »

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I am wondering how I can run multiple encodes on my PC? You mean, I will be able to run 3, 4 HandBrake??
Sorry, I don't get that point. Also, I can assign CPU ID (Core ID) and set CPU(ID) priority?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Yes, but it's a relatively narrow use case.

For contemporary encodes, HB generally scales fine to 8+ cores easily without any particular effort on your part.