File Details: Data Rate = 0, Total Bit Rate = 64

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kcgoatboy

File Details: Data Rate = 0, Total Bit Rate = 64

Post by kcgoatboy »

Video Data rate = 0kpbs, Total bitrate = 64kpbs:
This is probably a stupid question but under windows file properties>details, under video the total bitrate is stated as 64kpbs and under audio it is 64kbps. I am trying to create 4k x265 10bit mkv files that play nice on the plex client for the xbox one x. The test file play ok, froze once and buffered and after a reset of plex seemed to play ok. The file size was a lot smaller than I thought and looked at the details and it looked weird. So I didn't know if this is just a glitch with windows when viewing the file properties or I did something wrong.

HandBrake version: 1.1.0

Operating system and version: Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10

[url=https://pastebin.com/jgSTgvFK[/url]
BradleyS

Re: File Details: Data Rate = 0, Total Bit Rate = 64

Post by BradleyS »

We’ve had a few reports of this, and it appears to be Windows showing an incorrect value when it can’t detect the actual value. If the audio sounds fine, it most likely is.
kcgoatboy

Re: File Details: Data Rate = 0, Total Bit Rate = 64

Post by kcgoatboy »

Playing on through my 5.1 receiver it sounds fine to me. I'm assuming true 64kpbs audio would sound really bad blasting through a HT.

As far as the video goes there are a few glitches here or there during playback but I believe that's a problem with Plex on the XB1X. It was just weird seeing such low values in windows.